Welcome to Gentle Strength – a new course for the over 55 age group.
Choose between the Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday course.
Tuesday and Thursday courses are now sold out.
Monday still has one place remaining 🙂
|Mondays, 4 September – 9 October 2023||11.30am – 12.30pm||St Richards, Haywards Heath||Mark Stevenson|
|Tuesdays, 5 September – 10 October 2023||11.00am – 12.00pm||St Richards, Haywards Heath||Mark Stevenson|
|Thursdays, 7 September – 12 October 2023||2.00pm – 3.00pm||St Richards, Haywards Heath||Mark Stevenson|
Are you looking to improve strength, flexibility, and overall fitness in a safe and supportive environment?
Have you read and heard about the tremendous benefits of strength training for the over 55’s but have no idea where to get started?
Don’t want to join a gym but need to be guided and supported in increasing your strength?
Or maybe you already have a strength training routine but would like some fresh ideas and inspiration…
Look no further! Our Gentle Strength course is specifically designed for individuals aged 55 and over who want to enhance their physical well-being while taking into account the considerations of the mature body.
At White Crane Academy, we understand that maintaining strength and vitality is essential as we age (read our blog post for details of some research). This is why our new Gentle Strength course has been designed and tailored to the requirements of the over 55 age group. Our ethos is that fitness and strength training should be enjoyable and accessible to everyone, regardless of age or fitness level.
Our Gentle Strength course will embrace these principles and offer a friendly and inclusive atmosphere where you can thrive.
Why Choose our Gentle Strength Course?
1. Focus on Safety: Mark has almost two decades of experience in teaching exercise to all age groups, from children to adults up to the age of 105! We understand the specific requirements and potential limitations of older adults. You will be guided through exercises that promote strength and flexibility while minimising the risk of injury.
2. Customised Workouts: We recognise that each person is unique, and their fitness goals will vary. That’s why our Gentle Strength course will provide a range of exercises that can be adapted to individual needs.
You may be a beginner or have some prior fitness experience, either way you will be encouraged to set and work towards your goals.
3. Gradual Progression: These sessions will give you the ability to build strength at a comfortable pace, progressing gradually and allowing steady improvement while avoiding undue pain or stress on your body. Everyone has their own starting point, and it does not matter where this is, the aim is to improve gradually and feel better!
4. Holistic Approach: The class will not only focus on physical strength but also promote overall well-being. Elements of balance, coordination, and flexibility training will be incorporated into the sessions to enhance your functional fitness and daily life activities. The aim is for you to feel more confident in your body’s abilities to live a full and healthy life.
5. Supportive Community: We see this course as an opportunity to become part of a supportive community of like-minded individuals. You’ll have the opportunity to connect with others who share similar goals and challenges, fostering a sense of camaraderie and motivation. Together, we can achieve more and enjoy the journey towards improved fitness.
Whether you are seeking to maintain an active lifestyle, recover from an injury, or simply enjoy the benefits of regular exercise, our Gentle Strength course is the perfect choice for you. Don’t let age be a barrier to achieving your fitness goals. Sign up for our course and discover the power of gentle strength building.
This course will take place at St Richard’s Church Hall on Sydney Road in Haywards Heath on Tuesday mornings, 11am to 12pm, for 6 weeks, starting on September 5th until October 10th.
(If enough students are keen to continue, it is highly likely that the course will then become a weekly class).
The cost of the course is £80 but if you sign up before the end of July, receive a £10 early bird discount. There is a maximum of 10 places, so early booking recommended.
For more details please contact Mark on 07834 375776 or firstname.lastname@example.org