Today marks one month since I last taught a lesson looking out at a group of students, rather than my iPad.
It has been an immensely challenging month for many people, I’m in a fortunate position and I have had the chance to reflect on some of the things I have liked about the last month.
No matter what you are going through, there are always some things to be grateful for.
Here’s my list of 31 things I have realised that I am grateful for and have enjoyed in the last month (in no particular order).
- Sleeping 8 hours per night
- Sitting back and listening to a whole album
- Rediscovering music that I haven’t listened to for a long time
- Shopping less
- Spending less
- Spending time with Karina
- Creating a fairground in the garden, Smith + Western themed dining room, and living room into a cinema for Alex on his 11th birthday
- Teaching my students on Skype
- Teaching Mandarin to students on Zoom
- Trying to come up with new ways to change and come up with a new business model – quickly!
- Getting a new dog
- Playing and walking with my dogs
- Reading books
- Listening to books
- Studying Mandarin
- Bulldog Hazy Jane IPA
- Training more
- Persian meels
- Creating a training studio in my garage
- Spending time at home
- Waking up without an alarm
- Saying hello to more people on the street
- Speaking to people on the phone
- Sennheiser over ear headphones
- Driving less
- Silly music themed Skype kung fu lessons
- Meditating more
- The community feeling of WCA